Build a LinHES Package¶
- Get the required development tools (gcc, make, fakeroot etc.):
pacman -Sy base-devel
- Get the source packages using one of the following:
- Use your development enviroment and follow the readme.
- Don't use your development environment and only use git to pull linhes_pkgbuild
- Visit http://linhes.org/repo/src_packages/
- Visit http://cgit.linhes.org/linhes_pkgbuild/tree/abs
Currently ABS is not setup for LinHES.
- For example, using option 3, you can browse to find the package (lirc in this example) that you want and download and extract it and build it using:
wget http://linhes.org/repo/src_packages/core-testing/lirc-0.8.3-3.src.tar.gz tar xvfz lirc-0.8.3-3.src.tar.gz cd lirc makepkg
- This will build a binary package that you can then install using:
pacman -U lirc-0.8.3-3.pkg.tar.gz
- Make changes to the package and then build and install it. Once you are satisfied with the package, you can submit the changes via the LinHES Bug Tracker.
- To find out what package a given file belongs to, you can use the command:
pacman -Qo /path/to/the/file